Tuesday, November 27, 2012

The Future of Us by Jay Asher & Carolyn Mackler

Published: November 21st 2011
Pages: 366
Format: Paperback (New)
Stars: 


What if you could see how your life would unfold--just by clicking a button?

 It's 1996, and less than half of all American high school students have ever used the Internet. Emma just got her first computer and an America Online CD-ROM. Josh is her best friend. They power up and log on--and discover themselves on Facebook, fifteen years in the future. Everybody wonders what their destiny will be. Josh and Emma are about to find out.

I have wanted to read this book for a long time because Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher is one of my favorite books and this seemed like a very cute story. However, I have heard mixed reviews so I waited until I could get it for a cheaper price. So when I got a 40% off coupon for the book store, I made sure to grab this.

The Future of Us follows 16 year Emma and Josh after they discover Facebook 15 years into the future during the 1990s. Most of the book is about them trying to change the future to their liking while still trying to keep their friendship going. I thought that it was a very cute story and probably one of the best YA romance books since Anna and the French Kiss that I have read.The Characters were wonderful and the plot was addicting. It really held my attention very well and I was pleased with the ending.

So if you are looking for a cute YA novel, I highly recommend The Future of Us. In fact, I would love to see a sequel. Maybe to present time.

No comments:

Post a Comment