Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Walking Dead Compendium Vol. 1 by Robert Kirkman, Charlie Adlard, Cliff Rathburn

Published: May 19th 2009
Pages: 1,088
Format: Paperback (New)
Stars: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Introducing the first eight volumes of the fan-favorite, New York Times Best Seller series collected into one massive paperback collection Collects The Walking Dead #1-48. This is the perfect collection for any fan of the Emmy Award-winning television series on AMC: over one thousand pages chronicling the beginning of Robert Kirkman''s Eisner Award-winning continuing story of survival horror- from Rick Grimes'' waking up alone in a hospital, to him and his family seeking solace on Hershel''s farm, and the controversial introduction of Woodbury despot: The Governor. In a world ruled by the dead, we are finally forced to finally start living.


I'll be the first to admit that I am very picky when it comes to what graphic novels I read but I actually picked up the first issue in a Barnes and Noble store about two years ago and sit down to read it. After that, I always meant to actually buy then issues but totally forgot about it. Then the show came out and I had to stop myself from watching it because I still wanted to read the graphic novels first. So FINALLY I was lucky enough to receive this amazing collection as a gift from a family member.

Now it's NO secret to people that actually know me personally that I am a HUGE fan of horror and all things zombies. I have to tell you, Kirkman knew what he was doing when he came up with the story for these comics. The Walking Dead is one of the best Zombie stories I have EVER read. Along with the amazing pictures, I was in heaven. I was able to tackle this monster of a graphic novel (1,088 pages!) in two days and yet, I still want more. So you can bet your bottom that I will be getting the rest of the volumes as soon as possible.

But enough fangirling....okay who I am kidding? I can't do a review on this without just praising it. Great Story, wonderful pictures, a lot of action, tons of drama and amazing characters. This Graphic series has it all.

If you are a fan of zombies and have wanted to read the graphic novels, go pick this up. You will NOT regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment