Friday, February 3, 2012

I Heart You, You Haunt Me by Lisa Schroeder

Published: October 27th 2009
Pages: 226
Format: Paperback (used)
Stars: ★ ★ ★

Girl meets boy.
Girl loses boy.
Girl gets boy back...

...sort of.
Ava can't see him or touch him,
unless she's dreaming.
She can't hear his voice, except for the faint whispers in her mind.
Most would think she's crazy, but she knows he's here.

Jackson.
The boy Ava thought she'd spend the rest of her life with.
He's back from the dead,
as proof that love truly knows no bounds.

I love novels that are written in verse. Some of my favorite books are verse written novels and I really thought that I Heart You, You Haunt Me sounded good. Now while this was a cute novel, I believe it lacked in the actual plot. I just thought that the whole thing seemed really rushed. I would have liked it more if it were longer and had more details. However, I understand that writing a novel in only verse format is probably a bit harder then writing a whole novel in complete sentences. For that reason, I am still giving this book a decent rating because I did like the story and the characters. I was just expecting more from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment