Sunday, February 5, 2012

Cold Kiss by Amy Garvey

Published: September 20th 2011
Pages: 304
Format: Kindle E-book
Stars: ★ ★ ★ ★

It was a beautiful, warm summer day, the day Danny died.

Suddenly Wren was alone and shattered. In a heartbroken fury, armed with dark incantations and a secret power, Wren decides that what she wants--what she "must" do--is to bring Danny back.

But the Danny who returns is just a shell of the boy Wren fell in love with. His touch is icy; his skin, smooth and stiff as marble; his chest, cruelly silent when Wren rests her head against it.

Wren must keep Danny a secret, hiding him away, visiting him at night, while her life slowly unravels around her. Then Gabriel DeMarnes transfers to her school, and Wren realizes that somehow, inexplicably, he can sense the powers that lie within her--and that he knows what she has done. And now Gabriel wants to help make things right.

But Wren alone has to undo what she has wrought--even if it means breaking her heart all over again.

Cold Kiss was a book that I've been wanting to read for a while now and once I saw that it was on the Kindle for $1.99, I had to grab it! It took me under a day to read and I really enjoyed it. I thought it was very fast paced, good characters and very heart-warming. Now while the plot might not be 100% original, I did think it was one of the better books with these kind of plot. I had almost no problems with it at all. If this sounds like something you'd like to read, give it a try. Again, it's a very fast read and highly enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment