Thursday, January 19, 2012

It Begins: The Unseen #1 by Richie Tankersley Cusick

Published: August 18th 2005
Pages: 304
Stars: ★ ★ ★ ★

Out walking alone one rainy night, Lucy becomes convinced that someone or something is following her. Spooked, she ducks into a cemetery to try and lose her stalker. Panicking in the darkness, she slips and stumbles into an open grave only to discover she is not alone in there. . . . Lucy manages to escape, but she doesn't get away unscathed. She begins having terrifying visions and dreams and she still can't shake the feeling of an unseen presence, always watching, waiting. . . . Who was the girl in the grave? And what has she done to Lucy?

I stumbled across this book randomly at work one day and knew right away that this was a book that I had to read. I actually picked up the whole series. It Begins being the first book. It took me less then 24 hours to finish reading and I really enjoyed it. Now, the writing isn't the best and it might annoy some people but I don't think it took away from the plot. It Begins was full of suspense and wonder. It was without a doubt one of those books that keeps you on the edge of your seat wanting more. Once you thought you had the whole plot figured out, it would do an epic twist and throw you in a completely different direction.

The only reason I am giving this book 4 stars instead of 5 stars? Again, the writing is a bit weak. But overall, I really liked this book and I will be reading the next book: Rest in Peace next.

No comments:

Post a Comment