Sunday, December 9, 2012

The Christmas Bus by Melody Carlson

Published: January 1st 2006
Pages: 157
Format: E-Book
Stars: ★★★

The people of Christmas Valley always celebrate Christmas to the fullest extent. The mayor plays Santa, every business is holiday themed, and there's a nativity for the kids each Christmas Eve. This town knows Christmas. But this year nothing goes according to plan. Shepherd's Inn is full of strangers, Mad Myrtle is causing problems, and a young couple with a baby due any minute rolls in to the middle of town in their Partridge Family-style bus. It's hardly the holiday Christmas Valley wanted--but it may be just what they need. This charming novella is sure to become a new Christmas tradition for readers who love a great holiday story.

I am starting to slowly read Christmas Stories to put me in more of a Christmas Spirit and I came across The Christmas Bus for Free on Amazon for my Kindle. It sounded really cute so I decided to give it a try. While the reviews on other sites aren't great, I really enjoyed it. I know a lot of people were complaining that it's too Religious but it's a Christmas Story...(duh) and I didn't think it was overwhelming. I just found it to be a very cute and nice story to get you in the mood for Christmas. So yes, it did it's job and if you are looking for a cute short story for Christmas, I recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment