Saturday, December 15, 2012

If I stay by Gayle Forman

Published: April 6th 2010
Pages: 234
Format: Paperback (New)
Stars: ★★★

A critically acclaimed novel that will change the way you look at life, love, and family. 

In the blink of an eye everything changes. Seventeen ­year-old Mia has no memory of the accident; she can only recall what happened afterwards, watching her own damaged body being taken from the wreck. Little by little she struggles to put together the pieces- to figure out what she has lost, what she has left, and the very difficult choice she must make. Heartwrenchingly beautiful, Mia's story will stay with you for a long, long time.


This is one of those books that people have been raving about ever since it came out. How amazing, touching and heartbreaking it is. That it's one of the best books ever written..etc etc. To be honest, I've had this book on my shelf for about a year because I really didn't know what to expect. 

If I stay is a book about a girl that pretty much has to decide if she is going to keep living or if she wants to die after a wreck tears apart her family. While it was sad and pretty well written, it didn't really touch me as strongly as it has touched others. Maybe because I am use to reading sad books or because to me, this book was way too predictable.

When you read the blurb and think about the book, you pretty much get exactly what you would expect. I just found it to be way too basic and cliche. That's really all I have to say about it. I decided to give it three stars because it wasn't an awful book but I don't really understand the hype around it either.

No comments:

Post a Comment