Thursday, November 15, 2012

I would Find a Girl Walking by Kathy Kelly


Published: April 5th 2011
Pages: 293
Format: Paperback (New)
Stars: ★ ★ ★ 

"I would be drinking and lonely, thinking about all the couples having fun together. And here I am, single, haveing no fun at all. Then I would go out riding around and I would find a girl walking..."-Gerald Stano


His licence plate read: No riders except blondes, brunettes, and redheads. With his flared polyester pants, open nylon shirt, and disco music on his eight track, Gerald Stano believed he was quite the ladies' man. And should a girl dare fracture his ego, he killed her.

By the time he was twenty-eight, Gerald confessed to murdering up to forty women over an eleven-year period. How they died was left to the moment: strangled, stabbed, drowned, or shot. Why? They crossed Gerald's path and were tossed out like trash. But there were other troubling questions: How did this obsessive loner lure so many women into his car? And how could so many appalling crimes go unconnected for so long?

Based on exclusive access to the killer-and extensive correspondence with him-as well as interviews with the lead investigator and the victims' families, this is a revealing, shocking, and unflinching portrait of a man who fancied himself one of the greatest lady-killers of them all.


I am a huge fan of True Crime Books and I read at least one every month. So when I found this at Barnes and Noble, I was really excited because it sounded just like the kind of True Crime books I love. Sadly, I was pretty disappointed.


First of all, they repeat the same things over and over again through-out the book. Every single Killing is the same, all of his confessions are the same and the theories..all the same. I almost felt that they tried to sugar-coat the story and make it seem less brutal. I also wouldn't call him one of the biggest Serial Killers to read about either. There are SO many more serial killers that were more interesting to read about.


I am not trying to sound heartless because I do highly feel for the victims and their stories. Some of them really broke my heart but I feel that the author just didn't write a good true crime book to really bring Gerald to justice. It felt rushed, too repeated and like the person had no emotion whatsoever to the case at hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment