Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Too Good to Be True: The Colossal Book of Urban Legends by Jan Harold Brunvand


Published: October 17th 2001
Pages: 480
Format: Paperback (New)
Stars: ★ ★ ★ 


Brunvand has been collecting and studying urban legend modern folklore for over 20 years. In "Too Good to Be True" he captures the best stories in their best retellings, along with their latest variations and examples of how the stories have changed as they move from person to person and place to place. 70 illustrations.


I am a big fan of Urban Legends and I have been for years. So I wanted a book with tons of Urban Legends to read and keep on my shelf and while browsing on Amazon, I found this huge almost 500 page book on just Urban Legends! As soon as it arrived in the mail, I started to read it and it only took me about 2-3 days to finish. Now, I thought it was a really great book and contained some scary (and funny) urban legends but...I was a little disappointed because a lot of the stories in this book, I've already read countless numbers of times. Now, this is not the author's fault at all but I would have liked to see some different (maybe less known) legends. If you are a fan of Urban Legends though, I do recommend adding this book to your collection because it is something that is nice to have.  I also plan on reading more by Brunvand in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment