Friday, February 17, 2012

A Stolen Life by Jaycee Dugard

Published: July 12th 2011
Pages: 273
Format: Hardcover (New)
Stars: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

In the summer of 1991 I was a normal kid. I did normal things. I had friends and a mother who loved me. I was just like you. Until the day my life was stolen. For eighteen years I was a prisoner. I was an object for someone to use and abuse.

For eighteen years I was not allowed to speak my own name. I became a mother and was forced to be a sister. For eighteen years I survived an impossible situation.

On August 26, 2009, I took my name back. My name is Jaycee Lee Dugard. I don’t think of myself as a victim. I survived.

A Stolen Life is my story—in my own words, in my own way, exactly as I remember it.

A Stolen Life follows the real life story of Jaycee Dugard who was kidnapped at the young age of only 11 by a crazy man and his wife while Jaycee was on her way to school one day. This book was written by Jaycee in hopes of not only letting others know her story, but to maybe save other people who are kidnapped and too scared to speak up if their lucky enough to get away.

Jaycee was kidnapped and held a prisoner for over 18 years. During that time, she would be abused, stuck between two small shacks outside and even harder, she would give birth two children whom belong to her abductor.

But even with that, Jaycee stayed strong and was able to escape the man at the age of 29.

A Stolen Life will remind all of us how lucky we truly are to have the life we live and even when things go so so badly, there is always hope. I was really moved by her story and I know she is a very strong woman. If you would like for her to share her story with you, I recommend picking up a copy of this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment