Sunday, January 22, 2012

Blood Brothers: The Unseen #3 by Richie Tankersley Cusick

Published: January 19th 2006
Pages: 272
Stars: ★ ★ ★ ★

Lucy knows there must be something, somewhere, that can tell her why she was chosen to see the terrible visions; why she feels the shadowy presence all around her. But what? Could the explanation lie with the mysterious stranger claiming to be Byron's brother? As Lucy searches desperately for answers, she knows time is running out. Too many people have disappeared or worse and the constant feeling of being surrounded by something truly evil grows stronger each night.

I am happy to say that I found Blood Brothers to be better then Rest in Peace which was the second book in this series. While I still don't find the writing to really but up to par, I feel the series is finally getting somewhere and the twists that take place are really hard to figure out (which for myself, is a good thing) Every time I think I have the bad guy figured out, something surprises me and makes me rethink it. I currently have three characters in mind. Anyway, I am starting to really enjoy this short series again and I am excited to finally discover where Cusick is taking this story. Beware however, the ending to Blood Brothers is a pretty good size cliff hanger so you might want to have Sin and Salvation on hand.

Up next I will be reviewing the ending of this series: Sin and Salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment